If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (406) 252-0859

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Avoiding House Fires | SERVPRO® of Billings

5/23/2023 (Permalink)

"fire" "house" "dark" Experiencing Fire Damage? We are available 24/7 to provide your family help. Call us Today

Avoid House Fires in the Spring and Summer Time

Now that spring is here, we can finally enjoy more of those outdoor activities, such as hiking, swimming, and other sports! However, there are a number of risks that are associated with fires during this time of year. While you should not be too worried about these occurring on your property, you want to be mindful that accidents can still happen. Here are some potential contributors:

Fuel Containers

If you have any gas or paint cans that have a leak, be sure to throw them away immediately. If there is any gas or other flammable material in your yard, be sure to have it removed or cleaned right away, especially during hotter temperatures. Not only will you be preventing a property fire, but you will maintain a clean and healthy lawn.


While you may be tired of using your fireplace, pulling out the grill to cook hamburgers and hotdogs sounds enticing. While nothing should stop you, just be careful when grilling on a wood deck. As sparks can fly or flames can shoot out when using too much fuel, always take proper precautions. Not only can this cause severe property damage, it can also cause serious injuries. In addition, be careful of flare-ups when grilling food with high amounts of fat as well as waiting to throw out the charcoal until it is completely cool. As long as you keep these tips in mind you can carry on with fun and safe family outings


Many property owners are already aware of the hazards associated with dryers. As they are used repeatedly, lint can get caught within the vents, allowing the dryer to overheat and even cause a fire. The biggest issue in the spring and summer time, however, is that it may be used more often during this time of year. As you may be washing and drying more clothes as a result of sweating more often or washing swimsuits and towels, repeated use of the dryer will cause more lint to build up and increase the risk of a fire. Just be sure to clean the vents frequently.


As thunderstorms are no stranger during the springtime, especially to the Midwestern states, lightning is one of the most common causes of property fires. While it is impossible to completely prevent lightning from striking a chimney or roof of a home, be sure to always have the phone number to SERVPRO of Billings to restore any fire damage.

Fire Damage Restoration

While there are a number of steps that you can take to avoid a fire, there are an overwhelming amount of factors that can contribute to a house fire. Others may also be out of your control, such as lighting. Contact SERVPRO of Billings when there is a house fire, we are available 24/7 to provide you and your family with some peace of mind during an emergency.

Other News

View Recent Posts